Why ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 Standard has been widely recognized and embraced throughout the world with over 1,000,000 organizations independently certified as compliant with its requirements. The 2015 revision provides an opportunity for organizations to leverage the standard for continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction, therefore improving the bottom line. DB was among those pioneering companies that embraced implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 even before formal issuance of the new standard’s final revision. As a result, on September 29, 2016, DB became ISO 9001:2015 certified.
For many companies, including DB, it is imperative to maintain ISO 9001 compliance for several reasons:
- Customers may require demonstration of compliance with its mandatory requirements;
- ISO 9001 provides a model for management to enhance internal process effectiveness while concurrently enhancing customer satisfaction;
- The processes the standard requires have been widely recognized as value-adding to organizational accomplishment and not as a bureaucratic impediment.
- It allows for executive management of all organizations, large and small, to maximize effectiveness and efficiency while ensuring achievement of the strategic and tactical goals of the organization.
DB was able to enhance its Quality Management System (QMS) by deepening and concentrating on the standard’s updated 2015 revision, specifically:
- The integrity of the QMS’ foundation;
- Top and Senior management demonstration of leadership;
- The requirements and reasons for the organization to address the requirements of interested parties beyond customers;
- The requirements related to addressing risk and the necessity for liability mitigation; and
- How process management can impact both internal effectiveness and customer satisfaction.DB’s secret of success is that our management team ensures that quality management activities are not viewed as a “necessary evil” but rather are pursued because they make sense and add value.
- Achieving results in record time could not happen without the ultimate commitment of the team and leadership of our executives and senior managers. The ISO 9001:2015 Registrar was truly impressed with DB’s approach to implementation of the mandated requirements.