Supporting NASA’s Glenn Research Center’s State-of-the-Art Technology Development and Cutting-Edge Research Efforts
For NASA’s Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio, DB Consulting Group provides a variety of professional, administrative, computational, and engineering services in the areas of computer science, computer and software engineering, security, networking, application development, and web services. DB’s support enables the more than 3,000 scientists, engineers, technical specialists, skilled workers, and administrative professionals who work at the Glenn Research Center conduct research focused on technological advancements in spaceflight systems development, aeropropulsion, space propulsion, power systems, nuclear systems, communications, and human research.
For NASA’s Glenn Research Center, DB provides:
– Information technology (IT) security, including IT security policy, planning, execution, and training, as well as IT security engineering and operations.
– Enterprise services, including providing mainframe, operations, and production control and support for the business and database applications; providing directory services and account management and support for NASA and Glenn Research Center systems; improving service delivery efficiency through the use of server virtualization; providing engineering design, integration, analysis, administration, and operation of the Glenn Research Center local and wide area networks; capacity planning; responding to threats; increasing capacity; and mitigating risk.
– Enterprise applications, including application programming and database support for all Glenn Research Center applications, including mainframe, client/server and web.
– Knowledge management and collaborative tools for NASA and the Glenn Research Center.
– Support and foresight into emerging and developing technologies, system design methodologies, and service delivery strategies to ensure that NASA remains aligned with industry trends and best practices.
– IT administrative services, including documentation and business case development, including organization, processing, tracking, and updating.
– Technical writing support to assist with all facets of documentation production.
– Mission support, including communications systems engineering, software development, high end computing, and computer graphics required for mission support for NASA and the Glenn Research Center.
– Test facility support, including installation, maintenance, calibration, operation and specialized administration and development of data acquisition systems.
– Web services, including support, development, training, tracking, and maintenance of Glenn Research Center central web and interface to the NASA portal. This includes review of portal web pages to ensure compliance with Federal and NASA standards and accessibility requirements.